Selected peer-reviewed publications since 2014
(Names of trainees under Prof. Riva's supervision are underlined.)
- Perreault, K., Dufresne, P., Riva, M., Fletcher, C., et al. Overcrowding and sense of home in the Canadian Arctic. Housing Studies. In Press.
- Sohns, A., Ford, J., Riva, M., Robinson, B., Adamowski, J. Water vulnerability in remote Arctic households. Arctic. In Press.
- Baron, M., Riva, M., Fletcher, C. The social determinants of healthy aging in the Canadian Arctic. International Journal of Circumpolar Health. In Press.
- Pepin, C., Muckle, G., Moisan, C., Forget-Dubois, N., Riva, M. Household overcrowding and psychological distress among Nunavik Inuit adolescents: a longitudinal study. International Journal of Circumpolar Health. 2018; 77:1.
- Riva, M., Mah, S.M. Practising Health Geography in Public Health: A Focus on Population Health Intervention Research. In Crooks, V., Andrews, G., Pearce, J., eds. Handbook of Health Geography. Routledge. 2018.
- Adamou, T.A., Ayotte, P., Riva, M., et al. Socioeconomic inequalities in blood mercury (Hg) and serum polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) concentrations among pregnant Inuit women from Nunavik, Canada. Canadian Journal of Public Health. 2018; 109:671-683.
- Fletcher, C., Riva, M. Introduction: la santé des Inuits / Introduction: Inuit health. Études Inuit Studies, 2016; 40: 5-22.
- Riva, M., Lytken Larsen, C.V., and Bjerregaard, P. (2016) Social and geographic inequalities in blood pressure among Inuit in Greenland. International Journal of Circumpolar Health, 75: 32757.
- Khan, F.A., Fox, G.J., Lee, R.L, Riva, M., Benedetti, A., Proulx, J-F., Jung, S., Hornby, K., Behr, M.A., and Menzies, D. (2016) Housing and tuberculosis in an Inuit village in northern Quebec: a case–control study. Canadian Medical Association Journal – Open, 4(3): e496-e506.
- Séguin, A-M., Apparicio, P., Riva, M., and Negron, P. (2016) The changing spatial distribution of Montreal seniors at the neighbourhood level: a trajectory analysis. Housing Studies, 31(1): 61-80.
- Apparicio, P., Riva, M., and Séguin, A-M. (2015) A comparison of two methods for classifying trajectories: a case study on neighbourhood poverty at the intra-metropolitan level in Montreal. Cybergeo: European Journal of Geography, 727.
- Lemire, M., Riva, M., and Ruiz Castell, M. (2015) Our living ecosystem: what are the interconnections among the elements surrounding us? A classroom-based activity in Nunavik. Journal of Aboriginal Health, 9(2): 25-37.
- Copeland, A., Bambra, C., Nylen, L., Kasim, A., Riva, M., Curtis, S.E., and Burstrom, B. (2015) All in it together? The effects of recession on population health and health inequalities in England and Sweden, 1991-2010. International Journal of Health Services, 45(1): 3-24.
- Ruiz-Castell, M., Muckle, G., Dewailly, É., Jacobson J.L., Jacobson S.W., Ayotte, P., and Riva, M. (2015) Household crowding and food insecurity among Inuit families with school-aged children in the Canadian Arctic. American Journal of Public Health, 105(3): e122-e132.
- Riva, M., Lytken Larsen, C.V., and Bjerregaard, P. (2014) Household crowding and psychosocial health among Inuit in Greenland. International Journal of Public Health, 59(5): 739-748.
- Riva, M., Plusquellec, P., Juster, R.P., Laouan-Sidi, E.A., Abdous, B., Lucas, M., Déry, S., and Dewailly, E. (2014) Household crowding is associated with higher allostatic load among Inuit. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health, 68(4): 363-369.